Thursday, May 31, 2007

C Group May 30th


Good turnout at leatherhead in spite of the weather which was pretty dismal.````` . . It rained all the time and there was a lot of surface water. John led the ride ro `The Royal Oak at Brokham.In addition to me `n im there was Linda, Ron, Bill, Fuzz, Mark, Les, Roger and Mike. I am sure there were even more but cant recall their names.We used the cyclepath down the Mickleham bypass,, turning left down Pixham Lane. After a good lunch most decided to make for tea at Leatherhead via the golf course. conditions there were reported by those on the know as not being encouraging so four of us, Lynda, Roger and one other returned by the outbound route. I needed to walk up that last hilll upon entering Leatherhead and lost sight of Roger. Feeling like a wet rag I went straight to the Randalls Road carpark and re-embarked for home. I saw Harold before I left the pub (he had been to the Dorking elevenses). Dennis and Bill and Margaret Squirell saw us off at the start.
I`m still trying to get warm -----------------------------------------Albert

No comments: