Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Another "A" ride missed

Thanks Vic (if you read this) another wonderful ride, or at least it would have been if you had assembled all your keen followers B4 departure. I know that I'm very bad at being ready to go promptly at 11am but I retired 2 years ago to relax and enjoy life and its company. Sadly today a number of people were left behind especially Toni De who had expressly wanted to go on the ride and had agreed at eleven's when shaking hands with you that he was looking forward to it. I know that we are not children but so many adults got left behind today, like Frank, Richard, Bernard, Graham, Irene, and a few others who's names I don't recall. "A" groups loss was "B" groups gain but in practical terms we ended up with a large group of well over 2o riders causing some congestion on the road at times. No hard feeling as such but it is strange that so many got left behind. Can I appeal to rides leaders to look after their sheep especially in these times of foot and mouth.
To Terry I say a wonderful ride I will put some photo's on the Blog 2moro when I have downloaded from my camera. Have been too busy 2nite dealing with the young children knocking on my door for trick or treat. A whole bowl full of sweets gone and non for me!
Happy riding everyone.
P.S. I need some small contributions for the next issue of Sou'Wester if anyone can oblige, due date 28 Nov.

No comments: