Thursday, October 11, 2007

C Group Oct 10th

Another good day weatherwise; warmer and dry after yesterdays rain. After elevenses we had our A.G.M. as usual next door,at the conclusion of which I was delighted to receive The annual award of the Arthur Jessop Shield. Thanks to all oof those who gave me their vote. Idont know what I could possibly have done to deserve this prestigious award but let me say I am proud and delighted to have such friends. Not a lot of time left for a fullblown ride but Lynda led us up the dual carriageway for lunch at The Prince of Wales at West End. There was Bill H., Dennis, Bill and Pat Mathews, Mark, Dave, a new chap name of Nigel, Fuzz, Dave, John G.,Roger, Tom, Beryl, apart from Lynda and myself. They were very busy at the pub but the food when it came was good. Afterwards we made for Claygate for tea,but being unable to use the usual short cut through the housing estate, took the longer way round. Sorry to miss you next week as the medicos are after me again. Happy days!!-------------------------------------------------Albert

No comments: