Thursday, August 14, 2008

C Group Aug 13th

Picture from Albert
A fairly stiff breeze from the southeast aided my 12 mile ride to elevenses at Kingston where Fuzz led our ride to The Coach and Horses at Barnes. We had a good turnout with Ron, Phil, Bill H., Lynda, Beryl, Sonia, Dave, Roger, Harold, Mark, Dennis, as well as Fuzz and myself. We headed through Kingston to Richmond Park where Beryl had a bit of a tumble caused by an uneven verge. She bravely claimed to be unhurt so we continued to the eastern exit of the park after a few light showers, quite a bit of sun and still breezy. Soon after arriving back on the tarmac I came a cropper, having clipped Dave`s rear wheel. I`ll need some more dressings for my first aid kit before I venture out again. We had some good offroad thanks to Fuzz`s knowledge of this urban neighbourhood including an area with the odd name of `Leg of Mutton` amenety area with instructions to refrain from cycling and fishing. I can report that none of us fished! The pub turned out to be most pleasant and since the bitter was so good I managed an extra half pint to revive myself to face a pretty long ride home. We returned through the park for tea at the cycle renting cafe near the exit to Roehampton. After tea, Roger led myself, Lynda and Beryl back through the park to Kingston; Lynda must have peeled off early for Cheam, Beryl for the rail station and myself for Kingston bridge. I recognised the overhead walkway linking Bentalls to their carpark, where after passing the lights I went onto the cyclepath over the bridge. 38.54 miles, arriving home at 5.25. I keep a goodly stock of beer---------Albert

No comments: