Friday, August 29, 2008

Easy Riders Aug 27th

Picture from Albert
Good old Tom turned up at elevenses at Molesey but with quite a few others including Charles and his fourteen year old grandson James did not come on our ride, although in the case of the last two named I took it to be their intention. Ron led us down the towpath to Walton bridge where we crossed over to Shepperton en route for The Red Lion at Thorpe. Before our departure Sonia`s bike punctured and I believe Lynda stayed behind to help, so we lost their company; the lone lady with us being Beryl. Harold also had the same problem while on the towpath but managed to continue. Still in the merry band was Mark, Roger, Dave, John C., Bill H., and me. Before we crossed Chertsey bridge, Ron asked me to lead being my home ground and knowing the best way to avoid the centre of the town. I avoided that spot of offroad through Penton Hook and took the direct route up the Thorpe Road Road. After a pleasant lunch we headed for Shepperton for our tea. Ron resumed the lead up Coldharbour Lane which meant us making our way through Penton Hook for good measure! I took the photo as we were leaving the pub. ---------------Albert

No comments: