Thursday, January 20, 2011

Easy Riders Jan 19th

Well, I had a catastrophe before even getting to Teddington 11's. I was coming down a straight run in Long Ditton, when a cat dashed out from a hedge the other side of the road and went under my bike. I felt something solid, then swerved onto the pavement and came off my bike. The others told me that the cat carried on running. I was lucky that I didn't damage anything too much. A few scratches and holes in my trousers.

A nice treat from Fuzz awaited us at the day centre, of tea/coffee and cake. Happy 80th. Or as Liz says, Fuzz , OBE. 'Only B*.... 80!'

From Teddington, our small 'C' group of 6, went to visit Tom in his care home, which is only a few minutes from Elleray Hall. David S., took some photos of us and we gave Tom a Thorntons chocolate plaque which was iced with, 'To Tom from Wayfarers'. He looked well, and was very comfortable sitting in his chair. Then, Roger, Chris, Norman, Mark R., David S and myself cycled through Teddington High Street, over the blue bridge to the other side of the towpath and continued to Kingston. Half way along Norman got his 2nd puncture of the day; so we changed plans of our lunch stop, and went to The Harts Boatyard, where we took advantage of their special pizza deal. I had an email during the week advertising 2 pizzas for £10. It was a very nice lunch. Then we made our way to Balaclava Road in Surbiton and continued to Chessington, to take tea at the Kings Centre, which is half price for over 60's on Wednesdays. From there we made our separate ways home.

Lynda.

No comments: