Wednesday, January 05, 2011

A Group 5th January



At short notice Pete B stepped in as leader today, replacing Ed who is unwell. He gave us a fine impromptu ride - up Staple Lane to the top of Clandon Downs, then down Green Dene and back to Leatherhead for lunch, with a smaller party going on to Box Hill and Walton on the Hill before tea at Epsom.

26.4 miles to Hurst Lane Walton where I turned for home, 17.7 miles to Leatherhead. Rolling average 10 mph at a steady 69 watts, 1798 ft of ascent and a top speed of 31 mph on Green Dene.

A good start to the year.

Mark

1 comment:

mike morley said...

Just to let you all know I spoke to Ed this evening and he has flue and feeling quite poorly despite having the "jab". Yesterday was the worst so hopefuly he is on the mend.
Well done Pete B for taking the "A" ride today as Mark said. Door to door I did 38mls. Sorry I dropped off the back at Juniper Hall but I was feeling kn.....d so to improve my spirits I went up Box Hill via the chalk path and pulled my guts out on the Raleigh Randoneur in bottom gear. When I emerged at the NT tea room you must have all gone on ahead via Walton le Hill.