Thursday, February 03, 2011

A Group Feb 2nd

I imagine that most of to-days A group found the ride - shall I say -
'a little more relaxed' than expected! I shall not be here 23rd
February and Terry kindly agreed to swap our days to lead. As we only
spoke about it a couple of days ago I'm afraid I had to lead a ride
that I had led in the past.
We departed via Downside Road, turning right into Chillbrook Road
instead of Plough Lane - to avoid B group! Our planned route went
through Ripley, touching Pyrford, skirting Woking and reaching The
Plough at Horsell approx 12.30.
The main attraction of this pub is it's homemade pies, not forgetting
the real ales! The food was good and we were most impressed with the
speed of service!
Ron and Doreen joined us in the pub and I counted 24 cyclists whilst
our photos were being taken before making our way to Horsell High
Street on our way to join the towpath of the Basingstoke canal. At West
Byfleet we left the canal with every intention of turning down Lock
Lane to Wisley and Ockham, then Cobham for tea at Sainsbury's.
Foiled.!!!!..Lock Lane is being repaired and closed to traffic so we
cycled on to the junction where we turned left to Ripley - back onto
the mornings route.
Frank stayed on the A3 whilst the group turned into Rose Lane. Dave
told me Jeff had punctured and would go straight home when it was
repaired but I had missed Terry, Ian and John B! I believe they stayed
on the A3 but I had not seen them go by! When Vic and I arrived at
Sainsburys, all but Ian were there but it was only about 5 minutes
before Ian arrived!
Many thanks to Terry for backmarking and to Irene who showed the way to
Cobham! Infact - my thanks to all for it was a very enjoyable day,
Pam

:) :)

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Pam,
Many thanks for the ride, even if I did decline the towpath! Pleased to say no puncture, but I did stop for a 'phone call - number witheld! Then back via Leatherhead with MM.
Jeff