Thursday, April 07, 2011

B Group 6th april


Time to write one or two words re to-day...having eaten and showered etc.etc. It was so warm when I got home that I sat in the garden, in the sun, for about an hour! Terrific!! Maybe we should congratulate the 'weathermen', they were spot on with to-days forecast! It was already 14c in my garden at 8 o'clock this morning - great - shorts and top weather! Robin had phoned me yesterday to say that he had a severe cold and asked me to lead his ride. I have only lead one ride from Cobham, so it had to be the one - to the Plough at Horsell. Fortunately their garden was plenty big enough to accommodate our group of 25, plus Ron and Doreen. The food is very good, particularly their homemade pies! Also, they have a very good selection of ale!! There was no rush to get under way for the planned tea stop was Ockham Bites, where ice cream, tea and cakes was enjoyed in the sun! Two of our number had to get home early so took the train from Woking, but most of the group stayed for tea. Gill, Irene and I took a longer route than normal to get home...just had to make up the mileage!! I did 51 miles in all, so Irene would have done about the same, at which point, I must thank Irene and Graham for being to-days back markers. Thanks to all for joining me - yet another enjoyable day in good company...Pam :) :)

No comments: