Sunday, October 28, 2012

Franks Dream Machine Tricycle

Not wishing to superimpose Jeff's message from Doreen about Ron see item below. Meanwhile for those that are interested see my blog on KPRC regarding Franks prang on the trike. It seems that as a 71yr old my recollection of the vision I saw of what happened is muddled but I truly believe that the motorist was being very aggressive and should not have been overtaking on the hatching! In other words he should not have put himself in a position where as he put it he was forced into the hatching by the right turning cyclists, that is he should have stayed back and not overtaken until it was safe to do so!
Does anyone have another or any opinion on this? I do think that we were very lucky not to have ended up with a more serious outcome than we did and though I hope not I do hope that Frank does not have longer term pain that may later manifest itself. I speak from bitter experience from nearly being killed by a motorist in 1976 when the Police took no action and now many years later I have serious arthritis in my right ankle!

Having said that I must pay tribute to the off duty police officer who took complete and admirable control of the situation.

No comments: