Thursday, October 18, 2012

Where's Mad Hatter Mike the Wayward Wayfarer!


Well here I am back home after a splendid day out doing the BEC & Catford Hill Climbs except that due to my waywardness I missed out on Yorks Hill. Having regrouped at the Cock we then set off via Braestead to do Hogtrough Hill and this time I thought that I would not get left behind and set off to be first at the top (I had been last up White Lane (BEC) in the morning. Having got to the top no one was in sight so I assumed we turn left and carried on at a slow pace not wanting to get cold. This is where I became even more wayward, I went past the Titsey turn and carried on slowly. Then I stopped and waited and no one came so I retraced my steps. Then I realised my mistake so chased on to Titsey Hill and Purley Cross towards Oaks Park. I tried to call Mark several times on mobile but traffic noise was horrendous so in the end I went home to smoke my pipe as I had no idea of Mark's address. No doubt more cakes for the rest & apologies to Maggie that I missed the treat!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mark G said...

Returned your call but couldn't get through, Mike. I've saved you a piece of cake, though, so all is not lost.

Best of luck for the Gentleman's Race.