Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A Group 12 June

Weybridge - Tongham - Ockham Bites

When I started leading rides, I resolved to not lead on territory I had previously ridden with the Wayfarers. That now is a tad difficult and I am in the position of finding rides on roads I have never ridden at all before!

Hence, today's ride out from Weybridge. Addlestone. Burrow Hill. Windlesham. Then out into unknown territory - South West to Frimley, then due south along the Blackwater Valley Trail to the White Hart at Tongham for lunch. I'd warned everyone that the Trail was off road gravel track and trust all who rose to the challenge enjoyed the excursion through gravel pits and along river banks - not something to feature regularly on the Wayfarer menu, but I hope enjoyable and not too many loose fillings!

Thence, via Normandy etc to the A3 and an abortive visit to Ockham Bites, arriving just before 4pm to find it shut and deserted. Having since checked their website, I see they close around 4 depending on how busy they are - I guess the drizzle had driven away any earlier punters.

11 out from Weybridge, 8 down the Trail and 3 taking the road alternative. Good beer and good well priced food at the White Hart.

Paul Kelly

No comments: