Friday, June 28, 2013

C Group 26th June Longmead Day Centre


First I would like to say how lovely it was to see David Salmon and Ken Preest out today.   I felt like the “Old woman who lived in a shoe she had so many children:- you know the rest.  16 “C” riders and waifs and strays from the “B”s left Longmead D.C. at 11.30am. Heading for Walton-on-Thames {I vowed this time I would not lose any} making our way back via Claygate where Ken and John had said they would leave us to try the local ale, we said our cheerios and continued towards Esher “so far so good” I then jumped ship by ignoring a red light, with lots of shouting from behind {I blamed the peak on my helmet} I pulled over and put my captains hat on again, we then continued down Lammas Lane towards Walton.  The sandwich bunch lunched along the river and the remaining 9 ate inWetherspoons.  We then continued to Hampton Court to partake tea and refreshments at the 5 on the bridge.  Thank you everyone for a most enjoyable day.
 
Irene

No comments: