Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Bill Mathews Farewell 27 Jan 2014

Pat & Bill's family said farewell to Bill yesterday at the Putney Vale Crematorium accompanied by many of the Wayfarers that new him. While a sad occasion the officiator Andy Climie very aptly created a celebration of Bill's undoubted full & rewarding life, I found the service very uplifting with appropriate music chosen by Pat as some of Bill's favorites. Pat also composed an appropriate poem which was read out & I will try and launch some more pictures later once I have sorted out my Picasa upload problems (if ever).
Those attending were treated to a very nice spread at the Admiral Beatty afterwards for which we thank Pat & her family. As was said while Bill's body has been committed to ashes his memory and achievements will live on and I am sure sustain his family.

No comments: