Wednesday, August 06, 2014

B group - 6th August

Cobham - Wood Street Village - Cobham

I guess we were all delighted that we did not have the morning rain that was forecast!  Sixteen riders joined me on the days ride to lunch at Wood Street Village and back to Cobham for tea at the Medicine Garden.   Tea may not be cheap but what a delightful place to be on a sunny afternoon!


We exited Cobham via Plough Lane, Guileshill Lane and Grove Heath Rd to Send.   To Old Woking, Sutton Green and Jacobs Well to the A320, where a quick right led us into Salt Box Road to skirt Worplesdon  for  lunch at the Royal Oak public house. The current landlord is at least the third one since I last visited the pub!  This young couple have been there for approximately nine months and doing a fine job with good service and good food!    There were tables laid up for us inside where some ate but most chose to eat in the garden. It was so relaxing I almost forgot to gather the troops for the tea run!


Admittedly, the  ride  to lunch did go along a couple of  'not so quiet'  roads but the return was quite different!   From the pub we turned into a wooded area, Broadstreet Common, along paths a little overgrown in places!  Through the gate into an estate that led us to the cycle way through Guildford University.   We left Guildford via Stoke Park,  the River Wey, onto the A3 cycle path to turn into Clandon Road, Tithe Barn Lane, Hungry Hill and so  to Cobham.


It was a good days cycle ride - I did 56 miles, I guess others were similar?    Only hiccup of the day were my punctures! As we left the pub I realised that I had a slow puncture but with help from John, I was able to get to tea before changing the tube. Again I received more help, this time from Ed and Terry...I am a very lucky and grateful person - thank you!   Would you believe it, the same thing happened again on my home from tea!!  All this on a brand new tyre!!  I found a tiny strand of wire the first time but nothing the second time!!


Thank you Tim, Bernard, Carolyn and Gill for back marking, photos and maps!  



Pam :) :)
 
Maps of Pam's route to Wood Street Village and a photo collage:




No comments: