Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Easy Riders - 8th October

Kingston Bradbury Centre - Ye Olde Swan, Thames Ditton - Kings Centre, Chessington

Leading the “C” group is never dull. First it was me puncturing just before Shepperton. I rang Graham to let the centre know I would be there ASAP then got the train to Norbiton where Graham met me and repaired my puncture. By the time I had blown my nose and thought about it the wheel was out and tyre off, phew.  (Thanks)  He then took me by every little back alley possible and we finished up outside the centre at 11.15, a bit later than I had hoped, so a little change of direction was finally sorted out. Instead of the towpath, which after the heavy rains would have been too wet, Graham wound his way around little paths to get us to Teddington Lock. BUT. on the way through the market there was a tremendous loud bang; it was Les and his front tyre had blown up, Graham to the rescue again. We continued on towards the lock when poor Les blew up again but this time he decided to walk to the station and get the train home. John Bellamy kindly went with him to the station to sort the trains out and then met us at the pub; hope Les got home safely. Thank you John for that. Graham left us at the lock and we then had a trouble free ride to the inn. Seven feasted inside while three lunched alfresco at the local church. Afterwards it was the Kings centre for tea.

A big welcome to Wendy Salmon who made her way to elevenses, lovely to see her again.

Thanks everyone for a lovely day.

Irene


No comments: