Friday, December 11, 2015

B group 9 December 2015


WEDNESDAY 9th DEC 2015 -  Xmas Lunch for the bees!!

My thanks and appreciation to all who blogged their comments and photos of the day and for everyone who thanked me for organising the lunch before making their way home.  My pleasure - thank you :) :)

The day started well, bright and beautiful!  Tony Hopkins kindly took my route on board and so we were able to split into two manageable groups arriving at the pub in plenty of time for our 1pm booking.

Wednesday's route was the same as last year - my thanks to Gill.  I know it was a somewhat 'roundabout' ride, via Esher, Hampton Court, Kingston and The Dittons, but we could not have ridden  directly to Hook or we would have got there almost before we finished our elevenses!!!!

There were already several people at the pub when we arrived and it was fantastic that John Gould was able to join us. I must add that the meals were good and the staff at The Cap in Hand did a grand job -they looked after us well.  Thirty nine sat down for lunch, sorry, minus one for sadly Ingrid was unwell - hope you are OK for next week Ingrid!  Andy was also sick, poor chap - but Bernard took his place!!

Happy Xmas and New Year to all - keeeeeep cycling...!!!! :) :)

Pam

No comments: