Tuesday, December 08, 2015

Boom! Targets reached!

2015 being the year of my 60th Birthday, I set myself a number of targets:

6000 miles - tick!
6 * 100 mile rides - tick!
60 * 60 mile rides - tick

The 6 tours fell short at 5 and the prospect of a December UK tour does not appeal.

My "legginess" on some recent Wednesday rides might be down to having done 30 60 milers, 2 centuries and a 270 mile 24,000 feet tour in August - November.

I'm now looking forward to a quite few month pootling on the bike.

PK

6 comments:

Ged Lawrenson said...

Now you've reached your 60 targets you've got a reputation to maintain - i.e. 70 comparable targets; it doesn't get any easier!

PaulKelly said...

I've retired!

Mark G said...

Well done, Paul.

But Ged's right. Have you taken a look at Eddington Numbers? Another good way of setting yourself an ever-increasing challenge!

PaulKelly said...

In the year, 60.
Overall 68.
I need: 6 over 70 to get to E70
35 over 80 to get to E80.

E70 might be possible next year!

Geoffrey Shields said...

WELL DONE Paul, but why sit back for such a long period? That might give rise to the thought one wet, windy Wednesday morning "why am I doing this"? And straight on to the biscuit tin and the remote control. It will make re-entry harder.

My own efforts this year have been curtailed by a visit to the man with the knife but I will be back in the new year. I did manage to achieve some targets:
1)maintenaces of an average grade in excess of 1% ie the Richard Park yardstick.
2)discovery of at least one good pub or cafe/month.

TTFN, GBS

Simon L said...

Well done Paul - a great achievement to mark your 60th year. But I do rather like Geoffrey's idea of a target to discover at least one good pub or cafe per month - maybe that could be the 'stretch' target for next year!