Monday, October 03, 2016

Destination Bike Box Hill

Marks ride last Wednesday was to take us to destination bike for tea but I was the only one to make it. While enjoying a coffee and cake I viewed a good selection of Boardman Elite Top end bikes. Formerly Dauphine Sport the business has been taken over by Geoff who also employs the best bike mechanic in Surrey Andy. I have known him for some years, he used to work at Cycles Unlimited Croydon/Purley. When young Tim was developing his MTB career his very first sponsor was G Butler Cycles and I was able to buy an MTB at cost from them and Andy was his support mechanic.

If you fancy a 2015 ex demo Boardman at a huge discount then pay them a visit. Pictures below show my new aero dynamic road bike which I rode on Sunday morning in the joint KPRC/Redmon 25TT time trial and I improved my time two weeks ago on the A24/A29 by 5 mins beating Ray Dare by 7 mins when he normally beats me. I am well pleased with my new Boardman and even more pleased that its British.



Sorry I will not be at Cobham on Wednesday, I will be at my Old Hawker Siddeley reunion lunch at Louhborough University and then staying with my Aunty Audrey in Nottingham for a few days, formerly the home of Raleigh along with Boots the Chemist and Players Cigarets

3 comments:

Ged Lawrenson said...

Whilst you're in Nottingham Mike, pop into well-known cyclist Sir Paul Smith's fashion house and buy a nicely tailored suit!

Steph said...

Just bought an old Raleigh explorer steelite hub brakes with good old sturmy archer for £6 at the Scout Jumble sale : ))

Steph said...

Just bought an old Raleigh explorer steelite hub brakes with good old sturmy archer for £6 at the Scout Jumble sale : ))