Wednesday, December 07, 2016

B Group ride to lunch at The Angel - 7th December

COBHAM - THAMES DITTON

First of all I must thank Vic and Irene for making it possible to spread what could have been a very large cycle group into three separate groups.  I don't know how many people cycled to The Angel Inn - only that 43 sat down to lunch!

My route was via Downside, Stoke D'Abernan, Oxshott, Claygate, Hinchley Wood, Thames Ditton. (I am pleased to say that New Road (bridle path) was no where near as muddy as two weeks ago)!   No doubt Vic and Irene followed their routes as was shown on the blog....as I did!!   My group was first at the pub but by the time we had locked up and bought a drink Vic and Irene had also arrived.

The function room looked very festive - and it was buzzing during lunch - full of good humour :)  Our meals were served promptly and they were delicious. Everybody congratulated the chef and staff........ who were extremely grateful for the 'pot' which had been passed around the tables :) 

I didn't notice the time when we started leaving but I do know I was one of the last and that was 3pm so I guess most people got home before it was dark?

Thank you Gill for sorting and handing out the menu cards  -  also thank you Terry for back marking.

Pam :) :)

photo by Liz B

photo by Liz B
 

No comments: