Thursday, January 26, 2017

"A" Group ride Wed 25 Jan

As Simon L said I had set out on my MTB with fat tyres having decided that I would like the challenge of stretching my legs in the Surrey Hills. Unfortunately I left home late as usual and arrived at 11.10am just as both the "A" & "B" group were leaving. This left me out of puff and with no tea and cake to help me on my way. Never the less I stuck with the leaders until we got to Cobham. There our erstwhile leader decided to go through the high St. with awful traffic so I decided to take a breather and transgress down a one way street being very correct in observing other traffic and pedestrians. (future highway code amendments will hopefully permit this in future). Perhaps as a judgment for this misdemeanor I waited quite a while for Simon L leader to re-appear and so he did and I joined in. The pase however was very horrific with quite a number of gaps developing however I was no at the back but then I noticed my computer had stopped working and I also needed a comfort stop, so I told Geoff back marker to carry on and I would make my way to Abinger Hatch!
Sorting out my computer took some time and then I set off at a crawl to East Horsley. There I took the long drag to eventually arrive at the Shere junction on the A25. By this time I thought that the "A"s would be well gone and so I headed jhome along the A25 and stopped for soup at the Wotton
Hatch. Excellent value large portion with crusty bread for £4.95. Much better value than Spoon's on    Sunday with C&M where for £2.95 you got a half portion fully cold!
Anyway I was sorry that I missed Ray and wonder what time you actually arrived at Habinger Hatch?

No comments: