Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Hilly 50 km Sat. 4 March 2017

OK guys and gals, I know that this is a DA event but few people look at the DA Blog where entry details and routes for the above can be found. As Mark has indicated on his Garmin it was proper Brass Monkey weather today and as I descended Box Hill this morning to Rykas to confirm the start point for our event all my extremities were well frozen including the proverbial s!

I had intended to join the B group at Spoons for lunch while visiting Head For the Hills cycle shop in Dorking and Nervana Cycles in Westcott. Both have agree to advertise our event so support them or at least visit when you can. Leaving Wescott I ascended what is normally the dirtiest part of the Hilly 50 route (Log Hollow Bottom) and I am pleased to say that it was very passable though a steep climb to then turn left down from from Coldharbour road back almost into Dorking (the reverse of actual route). I then made my way over towards Horley via Liegh and at 1,30pm ended up at Irons Bottom, thought to myself they do good grub there and so had an omelet and a good pint of Ranmoor served by the most charming lovely long legged attractive bar maid from Check republic. We parted company and she said "See you later Ali-gator" and I hope we do! Why do we want to kick this lot out for the sake of Brexit?

Proceded on to Reigate and Finches have also agreed to promote along with the Bike Cafe Lesbourne Rd. The home via Wray Lane so some good climbing today. Sorry I missed your text Tim re rest at Fanies. Also noticed that "A" group did tea at Bike Beans, that's another cafe I must visit to promote.

So with some luck we will get a good entry as I have already emailed over 20 cycling clubs in our area with more to send. Hopefully a few of the MWW and C&M plus KPRC will be able to help with the signing on at Rykas 9.30am

No comments: