Saturday, January 21, 2017

Easy Riders - 18th January

When I got to Cheam, Judy and Godfrey were there.  Then Helen turned up.

Due to cold weather and fear of ice we were only a small number.  Liz texted me saying she would stay in with her cold.

We had a surprisingly quiet ride to Molesey; well until we got to Molesey Road.  It was nice and sunny; but my fingers were tingling by the time we got there.

In the Day Centre at Mole Hall (what a lovely name), we met John B, Bernard and Dave.  While we were still there, Chris turned up.  My original ride was to go to The London Apprentice in Isleworth and my shortened version was to The Barmy Arms in Twickenham.  Anyway, after thawing out seven of us went in the direction of Teddington, then Twickenham.  When we got there, we felt surprisingly warm.  Must have been due to the sunshine and being sheltered.  Anyway, everyone agreed to carry on to The Apprentice.  We had a nice meal there together on a large table.

Going back, Bernard, Dave and Chris did an alternative route; and Judy, John and myself made our way back to Kingston market place, then Berrylands, Malden and Cheam.  Judy and I had a coffee in Costa in Cheam Village before going home.

A lovely sunny day with not much wind.  We could feel the temperature drop as the sun was going down.

Lynda

No comments: