Thursday, December 14, 2017

A Group 13th December

Through Hinchley Wood on Manor Road to Seething Wells and then a river hugging ride to the Christmas lunch. Outward through Kingston to Teddington Lock and then back along Broom Road to Kingston Bridge and Barge Walk. Here I learned what I should have found out on the ( iced off) recce:  the tunnel under Kingston Bridge ( thanks Mike) including wet cobbles and the not so all weather nature of the surface at the far end of Barge Walk. ( Sorry!). Then over Hampton Court bridge and theough Thames Ditton to lunch.

It looked quite promising when we left the Angel and I wonder how many got home before the rain. The Barge Walk "yellow soup" was quite effectively jet washed off my bike before I got home rather wetter than I had anticipated. Heading SW straight into the wind and rain wasn't fun.

No comments: