Thursday, February 22, 2018

"A" Group 21st Feb 2018

Hi David for excellent leading and Ged for back marking & shepherding me along! I was planning to simply put a comment on the official ride description but it's not there yet. I hope Dave that you were able to Recce White Down & look forward to hearing the all clear? As for me I decided to Recce part of the Hilly 50 route in reverse peeling off just before entering Holmbury and going up past the Belmont school. What a steep hill that is (never done it B4) only down on the Hilly 50. I carried on to Friday Street then up the hill eventually emerging at the Wooton Hatch (also reverse route Hilly 50).
I was pleased that the route was clear apart from the odd pothole and remarkably clean.
NOTE OF CAUTION. On the hilly 50 route as you go over the lake at Friday St. you then go up a steep hill past the Friday St. Free car park on the left. You then shoot down a steep hill and some 300 meters past the car park there is a severe pothole in the middle of the road. A severe warning will be given at the start of the hilly 50 to avoid, which can quite easily be done if riders have their eyes open!
Home was via Box Hill for me and such a hard day but good company and good lunch even though it was tempered by Lime and Soda (Lent) for the princely reasonable sum of 80p unlike my MG owners club run on Sunday at the Plough Leigh £2.05!

1 comment:

Ged Lawrenson said...

Though not in the Ride Guidelines, back-markers should be prepared for those needing 'comfort breaks' at the back of the peloton!