Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Porridge bread


Stuck in doors during this cold spell, you may possibly like to have a try at this recipe, as per the title you need to use it as a bread though you could adapt the recipe to your taste by adding sugar or as I did add caraway seeds instead of those suggested.
1 tub of natural yogurt 500 ml
2tubs of porridge oats (use the pot)
2 table spoons of baking powder
A hand full of seeds, poppies seeds are good or anything of your choice
2 tablespoons of oil you can use coconut oil if preferred

Heat the oven to 200C
Put everything into a mixing bowl apart from the oil and blend together use the oil to grease the loaf tin
Pour all of the mixture into the loaf tin and bake for 45 minutes
Allow to cool on a wire rack before cutting

As said treat as bread and try different toppings
This comes care of British Cycling, the original video can be found on YouTube
Happy baking
Geoff

5 comments:

Simon L said...

What is the world coming to, when we get recipes instead of ride reports on the blog! The Beast from the East has truly savaged us.
I am feeling a bit stir crazy from sheltering indoors. I have been getting my bike 'fix' by reading Josie Dew's book about riding round the UK coast, rather enviously as she writes so well. [advert: the book is available in our own cycling library]

Geoff Gregory said...

So sorry Simon, but like you I as wondering if I would ever get out so took a walk up to Wimbledon common but had to dash back as I could not stand the open air fo to long.
Went out to day but again had to seek shelter in the Curzon cinema
Geoff

Geoff Gregory said...

See even my spelling has gone to potty
Geoff

Simon L said...

b(r)ake off ...

Dave Vine said...

Nice one Geoff.
Ventured out today for first time since Wed. Driven back by freezing rain, scary pavements and more snow. Started baking instead. Told myself I was carbo loading for the better weather to come.