Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Weds 28 Feb 2018 - Walton Day Centre



As I live less than 500 metres from Walton Day Centre I hardly had any excuse for not turning up (on foot) at elevenses despite the lying snow.   I scarcely expected to see any other Wayfarers so was very pleasantly surprised when 'Young Bernard' (Power) arrived shortly after me having valiantly cycled all the way from Whitton and suffering nothing worse than slightly damp shoes.  Eventually a message came through from Simon that all the day's planned rides were cancelled, leaving Bernard and I with no alternative but to repair the short distance to The Regent for a 2-for-1 lunch deal.  Two points each are well-deserved I think!

Dave (W)

1 comment:

Helen Tovey said...

Well done guys. I was the only one daft enough to turn up at North Cheam, glad to beat a retreat home by 10. Hope young Bernard got home ok.