Monday, October 08, 2018

KPRC Kingston to Worthing Sunday 7 Oct 2019

Not relevant I know you might say but but I just wanted to do a bit of cross fertilization with our racing off-shoot. I have to say that Francis is so quick and fit. She was off number 1 and me No. 2 at 2 minute intervals we were doing the last KPRC time trial of the season and Francis had been given a 1hr. 05min. H/C and me 60 min. My aim was to win the KPRC H/C Trophy which I failed to do. Much to my surprise I caught Francis after some 7 miles coming back along the A25 from the Pebble Hill roundabout towards Dorking. The route is mainly down the A24 culminating in climbing the Washington Hill over the South Downs  and then shooting down from Findon to the last roundabout  on entering Worthing on the A27 where Angie was marshaling before the finish. We all then decamped to Macaris Coffee shop on the sea front for breakfast where it was revealed that I had been beaten by Francis on handicap by 3 seconds. She got 7 H/C points, I got 6.
It may not be a surprise to let you know but I had trouble with my left shoe "Look" cleat which kept slipping out costing me at least 3 secs. I think my name should be changed from MMHM (Moaning Mad Hatter Morley) to MFFC (Miss Fit Feet and Cleat). Clearly I am still suffering from the Brain injury and that Saga with Slater + Gordon still goes on!

1 comment:

mike morley said...

I should have mentioned that Francis time was 2hr. 40mins, not bad for a lady that says she is not fit! Just goes to show that even in a touring club we have same fast ladies and the benefit of Turbo Training!