Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Arthur Jessop award - a message from Pam

44 of us heard Jeff's heartfelt speech to commend Pam for the trophy, maintaining the suspense about who he was talking about until his very last sentence when he gave the game away by mentioning her famous laugh:

Dear Jeff, Tim and all committee members,

As you know Simon rushed off on Wednesday to meet us hostelers at lunch in Maidenhead.  We were all eager to hear how the AGM went, were there many there etc. etc.

Well - Simon told us about one or two discussions - then said that Jeff had made a very eloquent speech re the Arhur Jessop award - which I would have loved to hear - we asked who had received it.....then Simon, very theatrically, pointed at me !!!!! Pam he said!!!!  Then everybody was clapping and cheering !!!

You could have 'knocked me down with a feather', I was so in shock. Forgive me for saying but I welled up, tears in my eyes - and all that!!

How can I thank everyone for being so kind...I really don't do anything exceptional;  what ever I do I enjoy.  Think about it.....could I be with any nicer people than our club members?!

PLEASE, PLEASE thank all who felt that I was worthy of this amazing trophy - THANK YOU ALL

Pam :) :)

No comments: