Thursday, November 22, 2018

Well done Pete on your first "B" ride as leader

Pete, I hesitate to post this as a Blog, I was waiting to see a report and post it as a comment (which not everyone reads). Congratulations it was a splendid ride and the complexity of the route was so challenging for me especially the hike offroad up Farthing Down avoiding the cowpacks etc. I look forward to seeing Stephanie's picture of me struggling up the grass. Actually many years ago I had done that bit in reverse with Bob Stairy.
Most people I spoke to especially Sue said how she enjoyed the varied rout. The Feathers under the circumstances produced an excellent good value menu!
I did complete part of your intend rout home via the Well House pub and I could not resist to call in and have an extra Sheardrop in front of a very welcoming log fire before it got dark, its a great pub!
Having traversed up by Fannies I caught up with the "A" group and shot ahead only to be berated by Neil who said to Janice don't let Morley get away with this he has overtaken us!
It was a great ride Pete and I am sure that you have learnt in your baptism of fire to book the pub beforehand. It all part of the learning curve and you have much more ability than me to lead a ride .
I hope that you will continue and I look forward to your next "B" ride! You pointed out something in the Grave Yard at Michelem an amazing revelation and so introduced history into our ride. Well done

1 comment:

Steph said...

The photo was taken to show the gradient...more effective with someone climbing up it. I will put it on for you. I reiterate Mike it was an excellent ride and I was sorry to miss the afternoon route. Especially as I detoured back along the North Downs for a bit then had to resort to the main road til I could cross onto Epsom Downs not knowing the little roads around Mugs well etc.