Friday, December 28, 2018

A Group Ride 2nd January 2019

I have planned a leisurely ride with only a few undulations, starting at Cobham and striking North in a loop, taking in Ripley and then Woking, along the Basingstoke canal for a short distance, then through Horsell Common, past Virginia Water to 'The Rose and Olive Branch' pub for lunch. I'll be sending your lunch requests through at 10.55am on the day. The afternoon ride will strike East through Thorpe and the friendly environs of Staines, then Ashford, Kempton Park ending up at Hampton Hill with a circular route through Bushey Park to 'Dish' cafe over Hampton Court bridge. 18 miles in the morning and 15 miles in the afternoon. Well, I want to ease you all back into the new year without too much stress. I suffered my ninth puncture in three weeks today, but Santa brought me some more CO2 cartridges for Christmas, so that's OK. No new bike though! I sometimes wonder if he reads my letters at all.

No comments: