Tuesday, April 09, 2019

Ian Appleton

I know there are many in our club that often wonder how Ian is.  I feel honoured because yesterday I was contacted by two very special people in Ian's life...Maureen,  Ian's tandem partner, and walking buddy etc. and daughter Gill. 

Gave me quite a scare.  

The news is not good.  Ian is in hospital.  He has had a 'brain bleed' and has a small blood clot. Prior to this Ian was diagnosed with Cerebral ?? by his GP.   At the time Ian was unable to tell me the full title...and never got to mail me with it. What ever, it is the cause of his poor balance.

Gill says he cannot walk, and is a little muddled when he talks but...he still wants a good breakfast and complains about the small portion of porridge he is given!  

Gill is very happy to receive any enquiries and thinks Ian would benefit massively by having visitors...I am going Friday afternoon.

Gills e-mail   -  gappleton@hotmail.co.uk

In ward Purley 2 - 1st floor - Orange zone at
Croydon University Hospital
530 London Road
Thornton Heath
CR7 7YE 

Gill thinks Ian will be there for another week. 

Pam......
 
😟

No comments: