Friday, May 31, 2019

Tri-Vets 100 Mile Route


Today, I rode the Tri-Vets 100 mile route.  I took my randonneuse, which is a steady sort of bike, and consciously set a moderate pace, as I wanted to get some timings for my Tri-Vets Standard group.  Here they are:

Start - 0800
Elevenses -  Bramley Cafe,  1045
Lunch - Brockham, 1245
Tea - Lingfield, 1515,
Return to Brockham,  1645

We'll probably be slower on the day, as everything takes a bit longer with more people, but this gives a useful yard-stick. As you might have guessed, there wasn't a lot of lunch on offer at the Cricket Pavilion, so I went to the Dolphin, where they looked after me very well.


Here are the map and stats, and a couple of pictures of the bike at the Cricket Pavilion, in the sun ...





Based on the ride, and on a couple of suggestions from Geoff after his recce, I'll be updating the route gpx in the next day or two.  It's minor stuff, but leaders would be wise to download the latest version. 

Mark







1 comment:

Tim C said...

Before I finished reading the sentence properly my on-board predictive text interpreter had told me that your 'randonneuse' must be Maggie and I started to assume that you were out on the tandem. Silly me!