Monday, October 07, 2019

'B' Ride - Weds 9 October 2019

Given my recent lamentable record when leading 'B' rides (June - broken derailleur and puncture; August - tyre blow-out), I hear that bets are being taken on what mechanical misfortune might befall me on Wednesday's ride!    I will merely say that, if I do suffer any mishap, it will happen either in the 14 miles between Addlestone and The Windlesora (aka Wetherspoon's), Windsor, or else in the 12 miles between Windsor and Nutty Lane, Shepperton.

(Not so) Callow  Hill and a few hump back bridges will be the only serious climbs of the day, and, in the light of recent rainfall,  I have redacted the route as originally planned to remove all unsurfaced, off-road sections.   The Windlesora is on the edge of Windsor shopping centre, and well outside the main tourist area, but cycle parking is not brilliant, and I would advise you, as I always would with any busy town centre lunch stop,  either to come armed with something stronger than a 'cafe lock', or else to bring a friend with a good lock!


No comments: