Friday, August 12, 2022

invitation to B Group train assisted ride Guildford to Leatherhead 17 August

Wednesday's Guildford to Leatherhead ride was always meant to be train assisted.

Fixie Dave and I recced it after cycling down to Guildford and I strongly recommend against this unless you want a serious challenge!

The ride will be an enjoyable 44 miles with 2,500 feet of climbing, much of it traversing Tanhurst Lane in the afternoon.  The morning is undulating; very undulating at first, slowly flattening out. Elevenses at the Arnaud Theatre, Lunch at the Onslow Arms in Loxwood, afternoon tea in Leatherhead.

Please let me know by Monday lunchtime if you want to come and please be prepared to select off the menu at the Onslow Arms by that stage; the pub at the moment has been slow to get back to me.

The weather should have broken well before then, so we should not be enduring the conditions in which Dave and I recced it!  Even so, my advice is to get the train to Guildford.

The latest draft of the route is here; it is only the early part to Godalming that is still in question.

Paulandrewjames1949@yahoo.co.uk

 

No comments: