Friday, November 25, 2005

Update - 23rd Nov 2005

Hello Brian,

Riding along well-named Slipshatch Road (south of Reigate) en route to Redhill with John Mason, I slid to earth thanks to some black ice. John also came off, ending up in the ditch. We picked ourselves up and checked our bikes (John's front forks were bent and had a crack at the carbon/alu join, mine had a couple of small dents in the top tube and the chainwheel change up lever has 'gone limp' but Guy Pearson has spares). We both received a few grazes at the corners so we gently made our way home. It was an interesting experience sliding along the road on right ankle, knee, thigh, wrist and elbow seeing John catching me up, wondering what he would do and glad he wasn't a ten ton truck. We did later see a motorist going in the opposite direction having slight traction problems. Hopefully we'll see you all next week at Shepperton. Cheerio, Terry.

Oops! How could I get your name wrong, Julian?Put it down to decrepiticity (add to spellcheck). I wonder how many more will point out my error - I'll let you know and apologise next issue.

Brian
Brian,No worries, as they say. Incidentally, I can't come next week- we're going to Amsterdam - but hope to be out on 7 Dec. I was very sorry to hear Bernard's news. Best wishes........... Julian

Shepperton next week, then! Brian

No comments: