Thursday, September 27, 2007

C Group Sept 26th

With any luck someone else has provided a more complete review of this
event in view of the recurring doses of `bonk` which caused me to quit the ride
before we got to Fetcham where lunch was to be at The Bull. When we started
out from Molesley with Phil in the lead, there were twelve of us at least, Phil,
Roger, Fuzz, Bill and Pat M., Lynda, Beryl, Mark, Tom (I still dont know how
he does it, but I`d like a bottlefull),Sonia and at least a couple more with me
trailing behind. After several stops to get my breath and the others
waiting patiently we arrived at Stoke Road leading into Cobham Road where we
crossed the southern extremity of the M25. Here Tom had some bike trouble and
several of us stopped to see if help was needed. I have always tried to avoid
this route which is hilly and badly surfaced, so I made my excuses and since
I was only about half a mile from The Old Plough, I returned and got a pint
under my belt. This helped a bit and this morning the medicos at the hospital
have given my pacemaker a bit of a tweak so I`m hoping this will cure my ill to
some extent. See you at the AGM--------------------------------Albert

No comments: