Friday, September 14, 2007

C group - 12th Sept 2007

It was great weather for a ride and as I had arrived at Leatherhead with my bike in the back of the car, I considered a spot of exercise was in order. We had a good turnout of around twelve with Lynda leading then Fuzz, Bill and Pat M., Ron, Mark Bill (Albert), Roger plus Roger mark 2, Dave, Tom (dont know how he keeps going) and me barely managing to keep up. en route for Nonsuch Park with our purchases from the cake shop (Coke, no beer!). The route was pretty familiar and invariably offroad and Lynda had promised we would take tea at Ashstead. I remembered Ashstead required a pretty straight run on the main road to Leatherhead so it suited me fine. Fuzz, Bill A. and me got to Ashtead having somehow lost touch with the rest, but Lynda and Roger spotted our bikes outside the cafe and joined us. Bill kindly offered to accompany me to Leatherhead but chose a rather offroad route. When we arrived, sooner than I expected, he told me it was our destination I was glad to get in the car again. I think I overdid the exercise rather. ----------------- Albert

No comments: