Friday, September 07, 2007

Shattered Editor going Sou'West

Thanks Frank for what you call a moderately brisk pace. I know you were trying to avoid the hills but on your superb Pearson Fixed Steed its amazing how you go up hill so well with one gear. I think we will have to create a Super A Group meeting the stragglers at lunch. Being under the weather I struggled on the back for most of the day, along with Pete M, causing me to secretly feel inside that we should re-name you for the day by putting a "B" in front of your leader status. I must thank Graham publicly for waiting in Guildford for the stragglers. The flat route was already proving challenging with more to come.
Equally I must congratulate Ray for falling in a ditch in such a way that you came out unharmed and smelling of stings and scratches only, you must be so strong and as we all know superbly fit. I look forward to returning to my normal self soon or join the "B" or "C" group until rejuvenated. My thanks to Toni for gently nursing over Little Switzerland and Hedley to Walton on the Hill. I too did 51mls on the day but it seemed more like 81, which I guess is the age of Ray!

No comments: