Friday, October 03, 2008

News from Gerry Hulbert


This a first,I always enjoy the newsletters, helps keep me updatedwith one part of my life in the U K.Just thought i would run this past you, somthing different what, let me know what you think,regards to all, (that might remember me) Gerry Hulbert. Dingo. Well, here we go again, another shot at the Thailand newsletter. For 2008 (sep)Firstly, Baby Poppy Ella Moore entered our world on 19th sep 08 at around 4am weighing in at 8 pounds 3 ounces, mother an baby doing well. So exited when I saw her first Grandchild. Onward, Arrived on 20 sep after a comfortable flight, still take xanex to sleep the flight, works every time, breeze through costoms, dispite the unrest in the civil servis, in Bangkok, Bus from the Airport to central Pattaya, 110 BT, properly my best value in Thailand, motorbike Taxi to hotel Holiday mansions, 60 BT, Pan has booked us a room, so a quiet night visiting a few old haunts then early to bed,. Pay 700bt for the room. Mam, Johns wife picks us up in the morning around 10 am, and it so of to our rented house 7km out of town, I pick up our scooter and computer from johns house, so we are set up in our home in Pattaya, do a quick shop and its round the pool for drinks and nibbles, the roads are becoming busy in town but its lov,l and quiet out here, as this is the 2nd year we have had use of the house, things are familier,Its hot and sunny here at the moment around 100 degrees, and its monsoon season so some serious rain at times most welcome, Sunday went to Mick’s bar to watch the soccer Chelsea and man u then golf Ryder cup a bit disappointing, so home by 4am, borrow old Johns car and drive up to our house in the village, TY Parrier, about 5 hours to get there, the house is nearly finished, and Pan and the children are living there when I am away in London, and Pan has had the wall built around the estate in my absence, to keep the hens and the dogs out, but me need a sliding gate to finish it off, also some curtains and more furniture, so looking to that next. No air con in the village as yet pick up our rice, and slow cookers ect plus my golf clubs stay one night make a list of the next part of the project, and who is available for work, we have spent a month or so there painting and plastering, last trip, Plus all the floors and walls are tiled, as required, Over the 12 years or so I have been coming here, I have made up a wide circle of friends, some of which come and go like me and some who stay permanently, and of course they are from all over the world, so its great fun to touch base and catch up on what’s been happening, I always play Bridge once or twice a week, its held at the bowling club in the afternoons a nice air conditioned room, and a good mix of both sexes. Well that’s all for now, will write again soon. Dingo.

No comments: