Thursday, November 06, 2008

Easy Riders Nov 5th

There were a lot of people at Cobham this morning; but only 7 of us on the C group ride.

I led, Beryl, Roger, Charles, Fuzz, Bill H., and Harold towards Claygate going on the old A3 road. We didn't go thro' Arbrook Common as I thought it would be too muddy after all the rain we've had the last few days. So, we stayed on the road, passing Claygate Day Centre and turning left going down to Long Ditton. We continued to Thames Ditton and had a nice lunch at Ye Old Swan by the river. They have a special menu there for £5. A good choice of 5 hot main dishes. I had the tasty lentil risotto with roasted vegetables and grated cheese on top. After a leisurely lunch, some decided to make their way back home. Roger, Charles and myself decided to do a circuit of the towpath to Kingston, Ham and Teddington. On the route I got quite a surprise when I saw a rat dart out of a bush, cross my path, looked up and decided to retrace his pawprints and doubled back, hence going under my bike and nearly getting squashed! As we were going over Teddington bridge, we saw B group coming from the opposite direction, heading for Richmond. We continued, going through Bushey Park, and making our way to Five on the Bridge for the best cakes. It was drizzly rain most of the way home and I was surprised how dark it was by 5 o'clock. Got home at 5.10pm and clocked 40mls.

Lynda.

No comments: