Wednesday, April 01, 2009

B Group April 1st From Charles

"After toiling up the hill to St Barnabas, Ranmore, without walking or stopping, I hung around for the re-start. One of our number, on a blue SIGMA, was still adjusting his front brake cable, but he said he wouldn't be long, so I said I would wait at the next turning, and raced off after Cliff. I waited at that corner for what seemed an age, the sun went in and I started to get chilled. So I returned to the back gate to Denbies, and there was the SIGMA, still having problems. Once the wheel was spinning freely, we went our separate ways, and I followed the sign to Dorking. There was no sign of the peleton there - not surprising as it was about 1:15 , so I hopped on a train home. No square meal this week, then! (SIGMA man had sandwiches) Charles"
From Charles Barraball

No comments: