Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easy Riders April 15th

Picture from Albert
An encouraging weather forecast got me out in shorts for the first time this year, but with a cool headwind I was glad I was wearing my rain jacket en route to East Molesey. We had a goodly turnout and the ride was to be led by Ron whose extensive knowledge of the many byways is known to us all. I hope I can remember everyones name but here goes; ladies first, Lynda, Beryl and Sonia. Then came Roger, John C., Tom, Dennis, Phil, Bill H., in addition to Ron and me plus I think one or two more for lunch at The Prince of Wales pub at West End near Esher. In very short order we were on the Thames towpath which was surprisingly navigable with not too much mud. We encountered more potholes and humps on the following urban roads but with a bit more offroad we eventually got there. John kindly treated me to a pint and we enjoyed a promptly served lunch. Tea was to be at Claygate so not wishing to press my luck further I made for home via Hersham etc. Hope the pic comes out OK on the blog------------------Albert

No comments: