Thursday, April 09, 2009

Easy Riders - 8th April 2009



Apart from a fairly stiff breeze, which most of the time seemed to be following, we had a good day for quite a low turnout at Hersham. With Roger in the lead then Lynda, Beryl, Fuzz, Ron, Dennis and me, we set off for lunch at Ye Oldie Swan by the river at Thames Ditton. Roger chose a pretty flat route along Queens Road to Sir Richards Bridge then through Walton, West then East Molesey. We crossed the Hampton Court Road by the station bus stop and joined the cyclepath before turning left only to have a short wait at the level crossing before pressing on to a pleasant lunch at the pub where we were joined by Tom.
Tea was to be at Five on the Bridge and by retracing our outbound ride we arrived there in very short order. The others decided to have an extra hours riding so I said I would wait being aware of my ancient frame (not the bike). They returned spot on time. I had already downed two cups of tea but managed to squeeze in one more. I`ve attached a couple of pictures of our lunchtime group. I still managed to cover 23miles------Albert

No comments: