Thursday, April 02, 2009

Easy Riders - 1st April 2009

Great weather for our Cobham get together with what must have been a record turnout. John C., led our ride to The Bull (or was it The William IV) at Clandon. I have been there before but can't remember. It`s the pub on the right of the long climb out from Send.
We started out up Plough Lane where quite a few bad potholes were in the process of being repaired. In our number we had Lynda, Fuzz, Roger, Beryl, Dennis, Ron, Bill H., Harold, Bill (another Albert having rejected such a noble forename), Jonno and Lisa. I know that`s only twelve with John and myself so I must apologise for leaving anyone out. I am sure we had quite a few more. We crossed over at The White Swan with Wisley airfield on our right to the road end then right and left past the prison. After a couple of hundred yards of farm concrete sets we arrived on the Clandon Road with rather a long climb. The service and food were good and reasonable as was the beer ( of which by now I was in great need).
Tea was to be at Leatherhead so I headed back downhill to Send, Ripley, West Byfleet and home with 27 miles on the clock arriving by 3pm. I slept until 5pm, had a whisky mac and after a shower felt good--------Albert

No comments: