Thursday, June 18, 2009

Easy Riders June 17th

Plenty of sunshine and a bit of a breeze when we met for elevenses at Kingston. A pretty fair turnout with Harold leading then Dave, Beryl, Dennis, Roger, Ron, Fuzz, Mark, me and a few more en route (or so Harold said) for The Flowerpot at Lower Sunbury. This would have suited myself but as they say you cant win `em all, In the event we had lunch at The Roebuck on Richmond Hill with a fine view of the countryside, rather a long way from our intended venue. Then a long slog down the cyclepath by Chertsey Road and tea was to be at Shepperton, but thirst decided us to have this refreshment at a Macdonalds en route. Rain threatened after this and a bit farther on I missed my footing at an emergency stop and clobbered myself rather. Upon reaching Addlestone with Dennis and Harold in company, my rear mech seized up. I dont know why someone sent for the ambulance since my accident was about five miles back and by this time the bike was rideable. I spent a couple of hours in the A&E when my daughter came to collect both me and the bike. ------------------------Albert

No comments: