Monday, June 15, 2009

Easy Riders June 3rd

Somewhat cooler at elevenses when we met at Cobham and perfect weather for cycling. It was good to see Mark again and we had a good turnout. Roger led the ride to the New Inn at Send with Fuzz, Bill H.,Ron, Lisa, Johno, John C., Mike, Harold, and at least two more plus me, who I fear caused the first holdup when at the top of Plough Lane my chain made a hash of several spokes and with a lot of help got me going with just 30 left in the back wheel. Incidentally I`ve replaced four today. We carried on down Ockham Lane turning left to pass the Send prison with no more ado. At the pub a good lunch was up to the usual scratch and the beer was welcome. After following the others down Tannery Lane, I left for home when we arrived at The Seven Stars. Thanks for a good ride Roger----------------Albert

No comments: