Sunday, June 21, 2009

Update on people

I had the pleasure of taking out Ken Preece, Brian Starey and Henk Scutten, the former President of Surrey Roads CC. Henk fell off his bike 4 years ago on the SRCC Tuesday offroad ride (now commandeered by Bob S & others, since the death of Tom Fiddimore). Brian Starey came to his aid and Henk ended up having an extended stay in Kingston hospital with a right broken Femur. Since then he broke his leg 2 years ago and on the Wednesday after Easter Sunday ( 4days after my fall) he fell of his bike again and broke the left Femur. Since then he has stopped cycling and Phillis has got rid of his bike. I took Henk swimming on 18th June and now he wants to go again!! What have I let myself in for. I also had a call on Friday 19 June from Ann, Kens wife to say I could now pop in and see him after his very serious operation for ear cancer. So I said to Ann how about going down the Pub, to which Ken could not get out the house quick enough. So I picked all three up and we had a slap up Pensioners breakfast at the Woodman at Woodmanstern, £4.99 for two making £10 for 4 meals, even better than Weatherspoon's and the plates were massive! Actually Henk had Scampi but said next time he will also have breakfast. If anyone wants to join us let me know! Brian and Ken chatted away all thru lunch, probably the happiest lunch we have had for a long time.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: