Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Easy Riders Sept 23rd




Easyriders, Wednesday 23rd September. Names first, before I forget them all, Alan and Alan, Bill, Roger, Fuzz, Chris, Ron, and the fast lads, Dennis and Albert, and Lynda and Philip. Also good to see Mark out at Weybridge. A familiar route, through Poets corner and straight through Addlestone, Ottershaw, Foxhills Rd and Gracious Pond to the Red Lion. We were with Albert at Addlestone level crossing, from thence he became a disappearing blotch of fluorescent jacket on the horizon as he sped his way on that racing trike to reach the bar way before the rest of us. On the return journey we passed through Chobham said goodbye to Bill and turned left for Stonehill Rd. Again Albert made his bid for freedom but this time hotly pursued by Dennis. I am still in shock as it is the first time I have seen Dennis sprint uphill. However as you can see from the photo when we reached the summit Albert was nowhere in sight.



A lovely day and lots of fun, thanks for continuing to put me through my apprenticeship, I think it will be a good few years before I qualify. Thanks to Philip for showing me the route through Homewood Park onto Bittams Lane. We all did manage to get to tea at Walton Bridge. Steph

No comments: