Tuesday, September 15, 2009

September 2nd 2009 - A group

2nd Sept 2009 run led by Grant.

I left the house prepared for a dull, damp day, getting worse in the afternoon but it wasn't like that. The ride to Cobham was appreciated by most whom I led there. Because the day looked bad, I expected half a dozen on my ride but there were 16 plus.
Leaving Cobham it was dry and fine, a gentle pace through Ripley past Pyrford, through Woking, stopping to don waterproofs, but unfortunately because the riders were well spread out a proper message that Pete had stopped didn't get to me at the front and Pete got dropped - I didn't have my mobile with me (for when he tried calling me).

The sun was shining and it was getting warm - unexpectedly - with my waterproof jacket on.
Lunch at Windlesham, The Sun, provided everyone with meals that some couldn't manage, because of the size, the last ones had to wait nearly an hour though. At The Sun were Norman, Mark G, Ray, Ed, Jeff, Brian, Vic, Toni D'It, Bob, Mike M, Graham, Julian, John B, Terry and Grant. Pete turned up after talking to Ed on his mobile, very disgruntled and threatening to tear up the new "rides behaviour" guide recently issued by the DA.

We left The Sun about 2:30. I tried to be clever and find my way back through the lanes and lost myself. We took a pleasant route, Valley End Road, I asked Vic to assist me to get round Woking for a tea stop at Ockham Bites at 3:55 they closed at 4pm, I didn't know that!

It was light rain now, turning steady when we left in dribs and drabs, waterproofs on but I took mine off again after Cobham - it didn't pour till later. A lucky day after all.
62 miles for me.

Grant

No comments: